July 24, 2009

Three Down ? To Go....

During all the hub bub in my sewing room I came across 3 of my FIL's nice dress shirts! These mind you are shirts that he asked me to alter.... way back when.... hmmm I'm thinking Winter time! Yep... as you that are him in the U.S. it's no longer Winter... matter of fact it's not Spring and it's half way thru Summer! So, now that I have them done... I suppose he has something to look forward too! Then again, he gets cold now so easily... he may wear them now. At least I finished them. Now to get them ironed and back to where they belong! This way they are OUT of my sewing room and taking up space! Nothing like a lot of clutter to make you want to jump in and weed things out. When I spoke to my MIL yesterday, I told her that I had found these 3 shirts and to please tell him.... not to give up on me or ever seeing them again.... she said "Oh, well.... he probably figured you had tossed them in the D.I. pile!" (Deseret Industries for those who don't know is a charity organization where people donate clothes and other things furniture etc.... to be re-sold to give people training etc and also so people have a source to go to to get inexpensive clothing etc.... )
I found a pattern I can use for "the project" for my little GD's birthday.... DD #1 mentioned she saw the blog (and left a comment) and wanted to know what I was making..... tee heee..... it's hard on her not to know.... this is a good part of the project too..... I get to tease her! The others well they may want to know.... just not as badly as DD#1! LoL.....
Have a Great Pioneer Day! Today; is the celebration of when the Mormon Pioneers came to Utah..... 1847 is when they came.... you do the math to figure how long ago that is! Lots of fun stuff going on.... fire works, parades, rodeo's.... and lots of water activities I'm sure cause it's really humid today.... Fortunately not as hot as they said it would be.... but still humid!

No comments: