March 23, 2009

Snow Snow Snow Snow Snowwwwwwww

I got up early this a.m. with my DH and everything was fine! Let the dog out, headed back to bed and when I got up again! I hear water going down the drain spout! Thinking, oh, it's raining... guess Karma and I won't be going walking today! LoL... really my excuse.... sounds good anyway! And then I just happen to look out of the window..... yep white stuff all over the grass! And mind you, it wasn't insulation!(Don't ask!...) Oh, well.... we had Spring for about close to a week!
My son and DIL came to town/or should I say the state on Saturday! Poor guy wasn't feeling very well. They came to meet up with her family so that they could go skiing! Hmmmm, must be why it's snowing outside! We picked them up and then took them up the mountain... (her folks little car... I forget what it is didn't have enough room for them, 4 bags and the ski's!) So we got to have them with us a bit longer!

O.K. I weighed in the morning..... and wonder of wonders.... I lost 2.2 lbs! Yeahhhhh team! When I weigh myself, the dog just stands there and dances around, like she is telling me to hurry myself up.... she has to go out again! Yep, little girl.... it was worth the wait! As far as I'm concerned!

O.K., SO I JUST READ GENERAL GERANIUM'S BLOG AGAIN; GUESS WE NEED SOME TYPE OF FRUIT RECIPE! OOPS.... SO HERE IS ONE FROM WEIGHT WATCHERS... A SMOOTHIE I LIKE;
IT'S ON THE "FLEX PLAN" AND IT'S 5 POINTS!
1/2 CUP FROZEN RASPBERRIES... (I USE ANY TYPE BERRIES)
1 SMALL BANANA, PEELED
2/3 CUP UNSWEETENED PINEAPPLE JUICE, CHILLED... SORRY I CHEAT HERE... I USE CANNED PINEAPPLE W/JUICE THAT I HAVE BLENDED.
1/2 CUP ICE
2 TABLESPOONS OF LOW-FAT PLAIN YOGURT (OR FLAVORED WORKS!)
3 TEASPOONS WHEAT GERM
1 TEASPOON OF HONEY... (TO ME WITH THE YOGURT AND THE BERRIES... I DON'T NEED THE HONEY!)

BLEND IT ALL TOGETHER AND PROCESS UNTIL SMOOTH. DRINK AWAY! GREAT TASTE... AND REALLY NICE... ENJOY

So, this past week, I managed to finally get the rest of the old poly quilt tied. For some reason there was always something else to do... it's tied and back on the bed! Nice and toasty again... there aren't a million blankets on it any more. Also, I got 3 pair of pillow cases made for wedding presents... I was soo far behind! 3 weddings that we couldn't attend and yet to get a present too. Oh, and a little baby boys outfit (store bought) finally packaged up to go to a new baby. Now, I just need to get these out of my sewing room! Breathing room I call it!!!! At least it will be when I get them out! Out! Out! You Pesky Presents!!!!! And now I have also dug out some fabric, for a quilt I need to get done b/4 the 3rd of April. Nothing like making it short and sweet! Hopefully it will be done and out of the way soon! Maybe even on time!
Still having a problem with my pic's! How is it that the first time I used it I could do it fine! And now it's nothing but trouble? Nothing like a little technology making my life harder!

Well, on to other things.... like laundry! It's Monday.... gotta start somewhere!
Don't forget to turn off the iron in the sewing room!!!! Unless your using it, that is! Have a great week... Keep warm, and be productive!

5 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

It's the General here. lolol Great smoothy recipe. Thank you and great job on the weight loss. WOOHOOO

Perry said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Every little bit helps. Your smoothie recipe sounds good. I am going to print it off, think Aud and I might enjoy it.

Holly said...

Congrats on the weightloss!! Sorry about the snow. Just when you think spring is here to stay.... huh? Nice that you could spend time with family.

Regi said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, and the smoothy recipe sounds really good. I will have to try it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the kind words.

In regards to the snow... OUCH... we are still trying to get rid of the yucky white stuff we have lying around... I certainly hope we dont get any more. Hope spring quickly melts the stuff away for you.

~Regi

Cheryl said...

You are doing great, and I can't wait to make your recipe.