March 9, 2009

Loser Monday

Seems Mondays always get here way to fast! Alright, right up front I'm wondering about my scale... I worked out at least twice (which really isn't enough to do anything) but did that arrow on my scale move? Maybe 8 ounces! O.k. so a loss is a loss! I'm taking it! For those of you with kids I turned on the T.V. this a.m. and there was a gal doing exercises... using her kids for weights! I think we all know how you can hold onto your little one and put them onto your legs and make them fly! Well, this gal has gone a few steps farther! She does all sorts of fun things with her kids, (she has 3) the oldest is 40 pounds and she will pick her up and do twists with her (thus working her arms and legs and waist etc...). She says that she is smaller and healthier weight and size then she was before she had any kids! She also uses free weights to work on her arms. Plus, while doing this, her kids (the ones that can hold onto them) use canned foods to use as their free weights. This way the kids aren't sitting watching T.V. while she works out and they are learning to have a good time while doing something healthful! O.K. that's my tip for the week! Get those kids, grandkids, neices, nephews... steal a neighbor kid(JUST KIDDING!!! REALLY!!!) but get busy working out! Sigh.... I wonder if my Jamie would like to work out with me.... (Jamie is the golden retriever! LoL... I can see her sitting there going... doesn't she know that she is cutting in on my beauty sleep?).

On the sewing front... or hind end which ever (mostly I'm be hind... ) the sleeveless dress didn't get any further. But, I did manage to get the new back onto the quilt from out bed, I have it about 1/4 of the way tied too. It's a kingsized quilt so this could take a little time if I keep getting interrupted! Last week we had our Relief Society (our womens church gettogether) on Tues. evening, Wednesday evening, my DH and I helped judge our Young Men and Young Womens group's Iron Chef contest... (it was a hoot!) and Thursday night we went to the Temple with our Stake! So, needless to say each evening was busy, and so now I'm behind in a lot of things!
We shall see what this week works into. Oh, the Iron Chef contest... well, let's just say that we had 20 items and for 5 judges we did alright to just taste them all. My friend Nancy and I both bit into a cookie at the same time! These were cookies that had been rolled or sprinkled with powdered sugar! First off, they were doughie... and then she had inhaled some of the powdered sugar... and we both were trying to decide if we should actually chew and swallow or just spit it out! We ended up with it out! And started laughing after that. There were different drinks, slushes and lots of deserts. All in all it was quite an evening. A couple of salsa's too... that were pretty good... I did have to ask for water! Everyone just laughed at me! Prices were awarded, and the grand prize was for a Fruit Slush that was quite good, the person had put a hint of vanilla in it. They received a plastic apron! The other prices were bubbles or some such fun thing from the Dollar store. And a good time was had by all! The best desert, was a Cheesecake with fresh strawberries, real yummy! I could have eaten an entire piece of that! But all we got was a little cupcake size...

Let's make this week a good one! I know I need too... all weekend long it was pretty and sunny... This morning I got up at 4:30 and it was starting to snow! It's March...! So, anything to help make it warm and cheery.
Later...

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'd really lose some pounds if I picked up my boys and exercised. lolol

Jenessa said...

well a loss is a loss - and after cheese cake and all kinds of desserts?! i'd definitely take it :) sounds like you guys had a great time