September 11, 2011

10th Anniversary of 9-11

Please don't get used to me posting so often as this; it's just a quirk.... I know it, you know it... so I'm just saying.
Anyway, I wanted to write a  post... in memory of 9-11.

Ten years ago I can remember sitting on the couch just mezmorised at what was happening in our country, Our Country! I wasn't anywhere near New York or Washington DC... but I was there, In Spirit.... helping those people as mush as if I had been there in person to help them out of those buildings. All I wanted to do was hug and cry with them.... the shock to have been there in person must have been incredible!

 I'm a crier from wayyy back.... I come from a long line of crier's on my mom's side of the family. One time we had a family reunion in a coastal town in Oregon... and my gramma and grampa, (mom's mom and dad) and my mom and dad, my aunt and cousins, my brother and his family and my DH and our family were all there. On Sunday, as per usual we went to Church. The building was just a little Quenset Hut and with  those of our family who went to the Sacrament Meeting we doubled the group that was attending. This was a place my parents attended as often as they could when they went to the coast to stay. When my parents car was recognized in the little community.... they got a phone call and were asked to speak during the Sacrament meeting. Dad got up and since it was quite a small group he began to introduce his family.... and this is the way he did it!  The lady over there with the hankie..... is my MIL and my FIL sits next to her.... then with her large towel to dry her tears is my wife. Next to her is my DD (me) she uses a sheet! And on and on about the rest of the family.... the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree as our girls do pretty good also. My DH told me once after we watched the movie "The Other Side of Heaven"..... (and we saw the paid morner's) that I could make a lot of money.... just be yourself.... and you will cry at the drop of a hat! Yep that's me all right...
just start to talk about crying.... or even say the word.... yep... I start up! No drought here at our place! (which does seem quite strange to me.... you would think after a while.... I would just dry up! Nope not me!) I've gotten to the place where I honestly don't go to funerals much anymore.... because it's embarrassing! I cry so much.... it's not for the person who is gone.... it's for the people, family left behind! I know that they will be better off (the person who has passed) but I guess it's just in my make-up.... I cry at the old Hallmark card comercials.... what can I say? I am what I am!
So long story short tonight as I sat and watched some of the memorial events... of course I cried... thankful for all the wonderful people who went outta their ways to help everyone they possibly could! The people lost, the people who fought again'st the terrorist's on the planes.... and everyone who lost anyone. Know that my heart goes out to all those who were left behind. You will not be forgotten. As we strive to make this world a better place... we must always remember who made it possible.  God Bless America!

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That indeed was one of the saddest things I can remember. And it's ok to cry.I cry all the time. It's good for your soul I think. :) So you cry away.
Hugs!!