December 27, 2013

Moving Onto The Next Project!

So here it is the 27th of December all ready and well, I sure haven't done very well with my posts have I?  I didn't really do tons of sewing this month, except for working on UFO projects, mending, and a few refashions and oh, my mom's skirt. I did finish that and sent it off to her with my folks Christmas presents.  I did make a cute top for our oldest granddaughter from this pattern over at
http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2013/08/reversible-wrap-top-tutorial-and-free.html

So, I saw this last Summer and thought it was soo cute, that I thought I would make it for our grand daughter.... I had planned on making it in the Summer.... yep, that didn't happen! So I figured if I made it now, she could wear it with a long sleeve top underneath! She can wear it with her denim skirt or pants. It turned out cute.... guess I need a picture of her wearing it.
The youngest granddaughter is having a birthday this next week and a "want" on her birthday list is a grandma made dress! Gee, twist my arm!!! LoL... So, the following is being made up b/4 the 31st!


So it will be made out of this cute soft corduroy, that I've had in my fabric stash forever! I like corduroy... it's.... comfortable, cozy, cute! The 3 C's... and as long as it's been washed first, kids will wear it! You want them to be comfortable. I can remember wearing dresses either my grandma made or bought when I was little. They had crinolines in them....plus netting in the bodice up around the neck and boy did they itch! I couldn't take those dresses off fast enough!
The hot pink will be a peter pan type collar; this isn't part of the pattern, but I felt like it needed something else, a bit of a splash! It may get patch pockets too! A girl needs pockets to put her treasures in to! Pictures when it's done.... and maybe when it's on the birthday girl!

In the mean time; tidy up your sewing space when you are done with a project, it's surprising how you will feel so much more like going to the next project when your space is clean and organized! Granted, while I sew my space isn't very tidy.... but it sure does feel better when I'm done to put things away and move onto the next! Oh, and then I can find things too. It's a bit of a pain when you can't find the tools you need for your project.  Have fun! That's the part I like best! That and a feeling of accomplishment!

1 comment:

thisblogisnotforyou said...

Cute fabric! I think the hot pink Peter Pan collar is such a good idea!