November 25, 2008

Thanks Giving

I would be a pretty ungrateful person if I didn't post about how Thankful I am for my life! So, I'm taking a few moments to just let you know that I know that I have a lot to be thankful for! My dear husband who puts up with my lack of patience and is sweet to me.... even if I do become a "Hyacinth".... sorry, inside joke! I love him to pieces! I'm thankful for our 4 kids and their extremely fortunate mates... yes, we know you think that they are wonderful! So do we! And for our beautiful and sweet grand kids! Nothing like being a "gramma" and a "grandpa" even when sometimes I get called grandpa instead of gramma!
We have a job, (DH does.... and because he does, it allows me to work at other interests, service etc...) that is pretty stable. We live in a free country, where we can decide what we do and where we do it. We have freedom of speech and religion and a whole lot of freedoms that I don't have time or space to be writing here... but, know that I am Thankful for all the ones I mentioned and the ones I didn't!
I have the Freedom to be Thankful or not! I choose to be Thankful!
I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me! And that his Son Jesus Christ died for me. For this I am truly Thankful!

O.K. that's about all I'm boring you with now. Those of you in the U.S. have a Wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh, one more thing:
Remember to let your loved ones know how much you care and are Thankful for them! You never know when the last time you will see them, this old world of ours can get kinda scary at times. I guess I feel that we need to just remind ourselves that there are sooo many others that don't have even a 10Th of the rights, possession's, and love that we do! Please remember our wonderful world and all the people on the planet in your prayers if you pray!
Tomorrow I help my girls make pies for Thanksgiving and then I need to make a turkey and a ham.... there's goes the old diet! Portions, I just need to keep telling myself that..... smaller portions!!!! Eat some yams for me!

No comments: